Privacy and Data Protection Declaration
Sürmen | Kumkumoğlu | Laubscher Law Office (“SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER ”) as a data processor according to the Turkisch Data Protection Law No. 6698 („KVKK“), value the protection of the personal data of our clients, staff, job applicants and all third parties communicating with our law office.
In this context we would like to inform you in compliance to the legal framework:
In the course of our professional activities SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER processes names and contact information; in addition to that we process all kinds of personla data including personal data of special categories provided in association with the trial or consultancy of our clients, as well as all kinds of CV and personnel data provieded in the course of a job application or employment.
In accordance with our professional secrecy and duty to care SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER may share obtained personal data with our staff such as apprentices to law, consultants, para legals, assistants and/ or delegated lawyers and - given the clients’ consent - experts and institutions to be consulted in the process and if necessary with the public authorities and governmental institutions.
SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER, relies on your personal data in order to fully and rightfully honour our responsibilities while providing our services and consultancies in accordance to the Turkisch Attorneys’ Act. Your personal data is being collected in meetings in person and via telephone, by correspondance and all kinds of telecommunication, verbally, in writing or electronically by automatic or non-automatic means.
Your personal data obtained by our law office will be processed in accordance with Turkish Legislation and the principles of good faith, correctly and always including the most recent data provided by you for the purposes described above; being system-resident for the rightful reasons outlined in the articles 39 of Turkish Attorney’s Act and 147/5 of Law of Obligations for the duration of 5 (fve) years from the expiration of the representation.
Being a data owner according to the Turkish Personal Data Protection Act you have the right:
- To learn whether or not your personal data have been processed;
- To request information as to processing if your data have been processed;
- To learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose;
- To know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred;
- Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately;
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions set forth under article 7;
- Object to occurrence of any result that is to your detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems;
- Request compensation for the damages in case you incure damages due to unlawful processing of personal data by appliying to SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER as data processor. Please address you written and originally signed applications via mail to Halaskargazi Cad. No.111/17 Şişli/İstanbul or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . (Last Update: 19.09.2019)
SURMEN | KUMKUMOGLU | LAUBSCHER